



This was Squash's first year in Childrens Church, so needless to say, he made this years 4th of July program at Abundant Life, a memorable one! While Meg looked bored out of her mind, he was waving at me, giving me thumbs up, smiling...It made my holiday! What sweet kids!
Patriotism~ I am not sure at what point in your raising, that you either learn as a child, or teach your own children patriotism. Each time we see an American Flag (no matter the time of year)my kids put their hands and their hearts. When I think of patriotism, I think of my own father fighting in the Vietnam War. I try to remember at what point he taught me to love my country, and I cant quite place it. I only know that each time I see a flag like this flying high I get a tug at my heart, and get tears anytime I hear "Proud to be an American" or the "National Anthem". I thank God for my families freedom, and the men who fight for it.
1 comment:
We had a fun 4th this year, but it wasn't the same as being in Utah with my family:( Indeed we are blessed to have the freedom we have whether in NC, or Utah.
Post a Comment